Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Source: mad about food
Making your own pasta sauce is a simple but overlooked way to elevate a box of pasta into something fabulous. And as an added bonus, this recipe is going to help you use up your frozen assets!
1 1lb bag FA winter squash
1 1/2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes of your choosing (I like cherry tomatoes)
1/2 a yellow onion, sliced
2 TBSP olive oil
1 TSP salt
1/2 TSP pepper
1 TSP dried thyme
1 1lb box pasta, in your favorite shape
1/3 cup pasta water
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet with sides, place the winter squash, tomatoes, and onion.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and all your seasonings and mix until the vegetables are evenly coated with oil, you can use a spoon but I've found your hands work way better for this.
5. Once everything is mixed, put it in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
6. While the veggies are roasting, cook the pasta as the box suggests, making sure to save that 1/3 cup of pasta water.
7. After 20 minutes, transfer the roasted veggies and pasta water to a blender and blend until smooth, adding additional seasoning as necessary.
8. Mix the sauce into your cooked pasta and serve with a little shredded parmesan.