Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
This cheesy, comforting soup is perfect for those Wisconsin days when spring runs back into winter and leaves us sitting in the middle of a snowstorm.
1 yellow onion, diced
1 TBSP olive oil
1 bag FA cauliflower
1 1/2 bag FA potatoes
4 cups vegetable broth
1 12 OZ can evaporated milk
1/2 TSP smoked paprika
1 TSP salt
1 TSP pepper
4 OZ medium cheddar, shredded
3 green onion, sliced (for garnish)
1. Saute the onion with the olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the cauliflower, potatoes, and vegetable broth to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Once it's boiling, seduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower and potatoes are very soft.
3. Turn off the heat and add the evaporated milk. Using an immersion blender or blender, blend the soup until no vegetable chunks remain. If using a blender, let the soup cool before blending and blend in batches.
4. Once the soup is smooth, add your spices, adding more salt if necessary.
5. Put the soup back on the burner to reheat and add cheese, one handful at a time, until melted.
6. Serve with sliced green onions on top.