Growers working together to start their gardens from seed. Sowing the seeds for local foods!
The Growing Collective is a group of Stevens Point area gardeners who organized to take on the spring growing challenge together. The collective, started in 2013, is now over 60 members strong. The group is made up of both first-time and experienced home gardeners, along with several community groups including Giving Gardens, UW-Stevens Point Students for Sustainability, and Stevens Point Area YMCA Farm to School AmeriCorps.
The collective grows vegetable starts from seed, including heirloom, organic and unusual selections of tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and many more. Each member creates a plant order for themselves and also makes a commitment to help care for the up to 10,000 plants that will be part of the group’s plant sale with proceeds going to support awareness and renovations of Farmshed’s programs. The plant sale is held annually in May on Memorial Day Weekend, here at 1220 Briggs Court, in Stevens Point. Additional information can be found on our calendar.
What does Growing Collective believe in?
- Collective leadership and decision-making
- Collaborative learning among membership to strengthen our growing practices
- Strong communication, thoughtful planning, and clear organization
- Shared knowledge, experience, skills, time, and resources
- Diversity among our membership
- Organic growing methods to produce high quality plants
2021 Growing Collective Membership
By joining the Growing Collective you will be able to attend our monthly meetings, which include educational components, learn and participate in our weekly Spring work days, and be able to get your own vegetable starts!
To get involved with the Growing Collective, email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com, give us a call at 715-544-6154, or join one of our monthly meetings!
Monthly planning meetings occur on the first Tuesday of the month, 5:30-7:30 at Farmshed.
Growing Collective Membership Levels: Please note, all members of the Growing Collective must also be a member of Farmshed.
- Level: 1 Pre-order 15 plants and earn by volunteering 10 hours ($5 program fee)
- Level 2: Pre-order 30 plants and earn by volunteering 20 hours ($10 program fee)
- Level 3: Pre-order 45 plants and earn by volunteering 30 hours ($15 program fee)
- Level 4: Pre-order 60 plants and earn by volunteering 40 hours ($20 program fee)
- Level 5: Pre-order 90 plants and earn by volunteering 60 hours ($30 program fee)
- Volunteer: No membership fees + Great experience + Community participation!
For more member resources, to report hours, view calendars and more, visit the Growing Collective website HERE.