Local Food Fair
Come one, come all to the region's largest local food celebration.
2019 Local Food Fair
Saturday, February 9th, 11 am – 3 pm
The Local Food Fair is Farmshed’s premier outreach event, bringing together producers, consumers, local businesses, and educators to celebrate community and the food that’s grown within it. Come one, come all to the region’s largest local food celebration!
The Local Food Fair is always an amazing event for so many reasons, some of them include:
- Introducing new people to local food resources within Central Wisconsin
- Generating increased demand for local and sustainably produced food through education and promotion
- Supporting the growth and development of local farms and food-related businesses
- Providing networking and collaborative opportunities for farmers, restaurants, businesses and organizations, and expanding the conversation around the local food economy.
Enjoy the basic potato bar or sample one of a kind potato dishes, created by local Chefs. The dishes, which are unique to each chef’s style, will be a part of a friendly competition to see whose dish is best with more points for using local ingredients. Click here for all the details!
Over 70 exhibitors from local farms, businesses, and educational organizations sell their goods or share about their programs at this event. It is also the release of the 2019 Farm Fresh Atlas of Central Wisconsin! Click here for all the details!
This event is made possible by the support of businesses and individuals who want to see a thriving local food community. Click here for all the details!
SPONSORS & DONORS OF THE 2019 FAIR
River Cities Bank
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Pineries Bank ($100)
Stoiber Health Care, SC ($50)
A special thanks for product donation to Wellness Spa, Ocean Spray, Clover Meadows Family Farm, Stevens Point Area YMCA, Stevens Point Brewery, Wisconsin Farmers Union, Stevens Point Area Co-op and The Clever Peasant.
Do you want to be more involved with the Fair but are not able to join the committee? Join us as a weekly or bi-weekly volunteer! Volunteers help with outreach during the week and other tasks listed below:
- Help with the distribution of materials: letters, posters, sponsorship letters
- Help with outreach to exhibitors, sponsors, donors, restaurants
- Assist with organization of online documents in google drive
- Assist with promotional outreach: facebook posts, marquee requests, calling businesses to promote the fair
- Help with odd jobs such as assembling buttons, ironing tablecloths, table tents, creating signs, etc
As we near the 2019 Fair, we are starting to recruit volunteers to help out on the day of the event. If you would like to sign up for a shift, you can view all of the available positions on our page at United Way’s volunteersrock.org by clicking here. If you have any questions about how you can lend a hand, email our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the Local Food Fair? Call 715.544.6154 or email email@example.com
1/17/19 - Snow Ball Effect Event Series at the SPAC
Stevens Point Area Co-op, Stevens Point WI
2/9/2019 - Local Food Fair
SentryWorld, Stevens Point WI
2/12/2019 - Community Potluck "Peas Release Me"
Central Rivers Farmshed, Stevens Point WI