Local Food Fair
Come one, come all to the region's largest local food celebration.
Join us at the 2020 Local Food Fair
February 8th 11am-4pm
The Local Food Fair is Farmshed’s premier outreach event, bringing together producers, consumers, local businesses, and educators to celebrate community and the food that’s grown within it. Come one, come all to the region’s largest local food celebration!
The Local Food Fair is always an amazing event for so many reasons, some of them include:
- Introducing new people to local food resources within Central Wisconsin
- Generating increased demand for local and sustainably produced food through education and promotion
- Supporting the growth and development of local farms and food-related businesses
- Providing networking and collaborative opportunities for farmers, restaurants, businesses and organizations, and expanding the conversation around the local food economy.
Enjoy the basic potato bar or sample one of a kind potato dishes, created by local Chefs. The dishes, which are unique to each chef’s style, will be a part of a friendly competition to see whose dish is best with more points for using local ingredients. Click here for all the details!
Over 70 exhibitors from local farms, businesses, and educational organizations sell their goods or share about their programs at this event. It is also the release of the 2019 Farm Fresh Atlas of Central Wisconsin! Click here for all the details!
Do you want to be more involved with the Fair but are not able to join the committee? Join us as a weekly or bi-weekly volunteer! Volunteers help with outreach during the week and other tasks listed below:
- Help with the distribution of materials: letters, posters, sponsorship letters
- Help with outreach to exhibitors, sponsors, donors, restaurants
- Assist with organization of online documents in google drive
- Assist with promotional outreach: facebook posts, marquee requests, calling businesses to promote the fair
- Help with odd jobs such as assembling buttons, ironing tablecloths, table tents, creating signs, etc
There are many ways you can play a role in the Local Food Fair! With 105 incredible volunteers assisting at the 2019 Fair, we are excited to see what we can bring to the 2020 Fair. To learn how you can volunteer at the Fair on February 8th, 2020, check back for details in December and January. You can also learn more about all of our other volunteer opportunities by visiting our volunteer page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is made possible by the support of businesses and individuals who want to see a thriving local food community. Click here for all the details!
Questions about the Local Food Fair? Call 715.544.6154 or email email@example.com