Growers working together to start their gardens from seed. Sowing the seeds for local foods!
2018 Registration is now closed.
The Growing Collective is a group of Stevens Point area gardeners who organized to take on the spring growing challenge together. The collective, started in 2013, is now over 90 members strong. The group is made up of both first-time and experienced home gardeners, along with several community groups including Central Wisconsin Environmental Station (CWES), Giving Gardens, UWSP Students for Sustainability, Stevens Point Area YMCA Farm To School AmeriCorps, and Tomorrow River School District.
The collective grows vegetable starts from seed, including heirloom, organic and unusual selections of tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and many more. Each member creates a plant order for themselves and also makes a commitment to help care for the up to 5,000 plants that will be part of the group’s plant sale with proceeds going to support awareness and renovations of Farmshed’s downtown site. The plant sale will be held annually in May on Memorial Day Weekend, here at 1220 Briggs Court, in Stevens Point. All information can be found on our calendar.
What does Growing Collective believe in?
- Organic growing methods to produce high quality plants
- Collective leadership and decision-making
- Strong communication and thoughtful planning
- Sharing of knowledge, experience, skills, time, and resources
- Honoring diversity among our members
2018 Growing Collective Membership
By becoming a member of the Growing Collective you will be able to attend our monthly meetings, which include educational components, learn and participate in our weekend work days, and be able to get your own vegetable starts!
2018 Growing Collective Membership Levels: Please note, all members of the Growing Collective must also be a member of Farmshed.
- Level: 1 Pre-order 15 plants and earn by volunteering 10 hours ($5 program fee)
- Level 2: Pre-order 30 plants and earn by volunteering 20 hours ($10 program fee)
- Level 3: Pre-order 45 plants and earn by volunteering 30 hours ($15 program fee)
- Level 4: Pre-order 60 plants and earn by volunteering 40 hours ($20 program fee)
- Level 5: Pre-order 90 plants and earn by volunteering 60 hours ($30 program fee)
- Volunteer: No membership fees + Great experience + Community participation: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Growing Collective email list!
As a member you can start earning hours right away by attending our next monthly planning meeting Tuesday, April 3rd 5:30-7:30 at Farmshed. Join us as we discuss the 2018 Growing Collective season ahead.
For more member resources, to report hours, view calendars and more, visit the Growing Collective website HERE.