Volunteers help grow our local food community and make our work possible
Volunteer With Us
Farmshed is an organization run on volunteers! In order to pull of our annual events and programs, we look to the Central Wisconsin community for their assistance. Our volunteer opportunities range from working in our kitchen, greenhouse, grounds, and our off-site events.
Want to get involved? Check out our current opportunities below or fill out our volunteer registration form!
SIB PAB MEALS at FARMSHED: Volunteer to help prepare healthy culturally appropriate meals for Hmong elders, disabled residents and their families. Meals are prepared and shared on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Click here to view available shifts and to sign-up
Click here to view the Sib Pab volunteer shift calendar
FACILITIES TEAM: There is plenty of work to be done, such as restoring some of our buildings, painting our garage (amongst other things!), weeding, clearing out scrap materials, eliminating major safety hazards… and more! All are welcome, regardless of experience. If this is something you would be willing to help with, email Ella at firstname.lastname@example.org!
ATLAS DISTRIBUTION: Help spread the word on local food by distributing Atlases throughout Central Wisconsin! Email Ella at email@example.com to get your hands on a bundle today!
Lending a Hand During COVID-19
Volunteering with Farmshed looks a little different right now, but you can still get involved.
- All volunteers will have their temperatures taken and will be required to fill out a waiver verifying their health.
- Per CDC guidelines, all volunteers with a temperature above 100.4F will be sent home.
- If you are sick, or in contact with someone who’s sick, stay home. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be asked to go home.
- Masks are required and must be worn at all times.
- Frozen Assets volunteers will be given a face shield and gloves for their shift as well.
Learn more about the steps Farmshed is taking. Updated on 7/08/20:
Sign up for our email list (at the bottom of this page) and follow our Facebook Page for current volunteer needs!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about our volunteer program and how you can get involved.