Join our Team!
Central Rivers Farmshed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Farmshed is a non-profit organization located in Stevens Point Wisconsin whose mission is to grow a resilient local food community that protects our natural resources. We celebrate all aspects of an inclusive and sustainable local food system by:
- Ensuring everyone in our community can choose healthy and delicious locally grown food.
- Educating people of all ages ways to enjoy food grown in central Wisconsin.
- Supporting diversified family and cooperatively owned farms to succeed.
- Launching new businesses and encouraging all food businesses to source ingredients locally.
AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator – Part-time
Farmshed is seeking an AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator to improve Farmshed’s outreach to Hmong community members and integrate local food programs Hmong families and farmers would like to see. This position begins on October 12, 2020 and comes with a host of benefits including an educational award, living allowance and more. Please send resume and letter of interest to Jenny Riggenbach, Executive Director at Jenny@Farmshed.org on or before September 14th.
Local Food Systems Kitchen Internship (Fall Semester)
- Work under the direction of the Local Food Manager to lead volunteers to process Frozen Assets and prep food for our community meal programs.
- Prepare recipes and newsletter for participants and Frozen Assets Shareholders.
- Promote and facilitate the use of Farmshed’s community commercial kitchen and supports users to source ingredients from local farmers and businesses.
An Afternoon with Chef C and the Whitefeathers on the Farm
Whitefeather Organics, Custer WI