Stevens Point Area Winter Farmers’ Market
Thank you for your interest in the brand new Stevens Point Area Winter Farmers’ Market (the Winter Market)! As a seller or a shopper, we welcome your participation and hope to see you there often.
The Winter Market runs Saturdays from 8am to 12pm at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Stevens Point November 12th through March 25th (with the exception of Christmas Eve (12/23) and New Years Eve (12/31)).
The Winter Market will serve as an outlet for Wisconsin-produced, homegrown items** such as fruits, vegetables, meats, cheese, eggs, bakery products, cider, maple syrup, honey, sorghum, fresh and dried flowers, herbs, houseplants, jams and jellies, pickles and other prepared and preserved food products.
**All of the listed products may not be present during the 2016/2017 season
Vendors and Products Featured at the Winter Market! (last updated 10/5/16, check back often)
- Back Forty Mushroom and Forage – Tigerton, WI
- Mushrooms: Oysters
- Bakery by the Lake – Amherst Junction, WI
- Bakery: Bread and Danish
- Black Rabbit Farm – Amherst, WI
- Meats: Chicken, Duck, Rabbit, and Turkey
- Liberation Farmers – Almond, WI
- Coffee: Brewed and Whole Bean
- Meats: Chicken, Goat, Pork, and Rabbits
- Lonely Oak Farm – Milladore, WI
- Meats: Beef, Chicken, Lamb, and Pork
- Value Added: Canned Goods made in a Licensed Facility, Sheep hides, Soap, and Wool
- Lowland Bison Ranch – Stevens Point, WI (only at market the second Saturday of each month)
- Meat: Bison Cuts
- Primitive Pastures – Iola, WI
- Meats: Beef and Pork cuts (including processed items: brats, hot dogs, summer sausage, snack sticks)
- Ruby Coffee Roasters – Nelsonville, WI
- Coffee: Drip Brewed, Espresso Drinks, and Whole Bean
- The Sand Box – Amherst, WI
- Value Added: Pickled Products
- Mushrooms: Oyster
- Stonehouse Farm – Rudolph, WI
- Meat: Chicken, Lamb, and Pork
- Value Added: Multiple Varieties of Pesto
- Whitefeather Organics – Custer, WI
- Value Added: Apple Cider
The Winter Market is intended to give growers and producers of goods and consumers an opportunity to deal directly with each other, rather than through third parties. It is an outlet for the growers or producers of very small quantities of eligible products as well as for larger quantities. This Winter Market has been created for the reasons above as well as to enhance the local food community of the Stevens Point Area.
Chef C’s Munchie Mobile has decided to close down the truck until the March 4th market.
Market Organizers – For the inaugural 2016/2017 season, the bylaws for the Winter Market have been determined by the Farmshed Farmer Advisory Board (Advisory Board) with input from Farmshed and Redeemer Lutheran Church Staff as well as input from a week-long community survey which received more than 500 responses.
In future years, a Farmshed Winter Market By-law Committee of (vendor) Members will be formed to direct the Winter Market or a formal cooperative structure outside of Farmshed will be developed.
Interested vendors – click HERE for the Stevens Point Area Winter Farmers’ Market Bylaws and Applications for Members Page.