Local Food Fair
Come one, come all to the region's largest local food celebration.
The Local Food Fair is Farmshed’s premier outreach event, bringing together producers, consumers, local businesses, and educators to celebrate community and the food that’s grown within it. Come one, come all to the region’s largest local food celebration!
The 2019 event will be held at SentryWorld date and time to be announced.
The Local Food Fair is always an amazing event for so many reasons, some of them include:
- Introducing new people to local food resources within Central Wisconsin
- Generating increased demand for local and sustainably produced food through Weducation and promotion
- Supporting the growth and development of local farms and food-related businesses
- Providing networking and collaborative opportunities for farmers, restaurants, businesses and organizations, and expanding the conversation around the local food economy.
Local Chefs will try their hand at creating a one of a kind potato dish unique to their style along with a friendly competition to see whose dish is best with more points for using local ingredients. If you wish to be contacted once registration opens please fill out this brief interest form.
Over 70 exhibitors from local farms, businesses, and educational organizations sell their goods or share about their programs at this event. It is also the release of the 2019 Central Wisconsin Farm Fresh Atlas! If you wish to be contacted once registration opens please fill out this brief interest form.
As always, the fair will also offer food-focused demonstrations and a kid’s activity center. If you are interested in providing a food-focused demonstrations, organizing entertainment or helping plan the kid’s activities please fill out this brief interest form.
This event is made possible by the support of businesses and individuals who want to see a thriving local food community. If you are interested in sponsoring the Fair, please fill out this brief interest form and we will be in touch.
SPONSORS OF THE 2018 FAIR
We are looking for passionate folks to help us plan the 2019 Local Food Fair! If you would like to serve as a committee member, please fill out this this committee interest form and our volunteer coordinator will be in touch.
Click here to view the committee descriptions and responsibilities.
Committee meetings will be held at Farmshed from 6 pm to 7:30 pm on the following dates:
- June 25th
- August 27th
- September 24th
- October 29th
- November 26th
Do you want to be more involved with the Fair but are not able to join the committee? Join us as a weekly or bi-weekly volunteer! Volunteers help with outreach during the week and other tasks listed below:
- Help with the distribution of materials: letters, posters, sponsorship letters
- Help with outreach to exhibitors, sponsors, donors, restaurants
- Assist with organization of online documents in google drive
- Assist with promotional outreach: facebook posts, marquee requests, calling businesses to promote the fair
- Help with odd jobs such as assembling buttons, ironing tablecloths, table tents, creating signs, etc
As we near the 2019 Fair we will be looking for volunteers to help out on the day of the event. If you are interested in lending a hand, email our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the Local Food Fair? Call 715.544.6154 or email email@example.com