The Local Food Fair, like all of Farmshed programs, relies on the help of volunteers to bring fun and success to the event. In 2018 we have over 100 volunteers spend approximately 600 hours helping make the Local Food Fair a success. Without your support the Fair would not be what it is today. Thank you.
Planning Committee (Accepting New Committee Members Now!)
Committee members are essential to the continual improvement and success of the Local Food Fair. If you are passionate about local food and eager to share your ideas and utilize your skills/connections within the community consider joining us on the Local Food Fair committee. We are currently seeking individuals who are committed and are willing go the extra mile to ensure the Fair is a success.
Committee meetings will be held at the Farmshed office from 6 pm to 7:30 pm in Stevens Point.
- June 25th
- August 27th
- September 24th
- October 29th
- November 26th
If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local food Fair Intern (October – February)
Are you interested in earning school credit or gaining professional skills while helping to coordinate the 2019 Local Food Fair? Consider joining us as an Intern and gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations including marketing, promotion, and event planning with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the applicant’s skills.
Click here to view the Intern Description, deadline to apply is October 20th 2018
Weekly Volunteers (October – February)
Would you like to help organize the Local Food Fair but can only volunteer for 1-2 hours a week? Consider joining us in October – February and help us with miscellaneous tasks that are essential to the successfulness of the Fair.
Tasks will vary from week to week and may include:
- Distributing materials: letters, posters, sponsorship letters.
- Assisting with outreach to exhibitors, sponsors, donors, restaurants
- Organize online documents in google drive.
- Help with promotional outreach: facebook posts, marquee requests, calling businesses to promote the fair
- Odd jobs such as assembling buttons, ironing tablecloths, creating signs, mailing letter, purchasing supplies etc.
Day of Volunteers
Volunteer recruitment for the day of the Fair will begin in mid to late January. If you are interested in any of the positions described below please email email@example.com and we will be in touch as the Fair drawers closer.
Local Food Fair Food & Beverage Volunteer Roles
Fantastic Food Volunteers
- Assist restaurants as needed and assist SentryWorld staff with bussing
Brilliant Beverage Volunteers
- Accept tickets and distribute beverages, refill water as needed
Fun Food Demo Assistants
- Help with needs of demonstrators at the event providing food-related demos
Basic Potato and Toppings Servers
- Keep the spuds moving and the toppings full
Farm to Fork Competition Counters
- Help tally the votes as they come for our friendly chef competition.
Local Food Fair Greeting, Support & Sales Volunteer Roles
- Welcome guests and give them a program and a 2018 Central Wisconsin Farm Fresh Atlas
Cordial Coat Check Volunteers
- Receive and return coats from guests
Friendly Farmshed Table Assistants
- Greet and sign in volunteers and help represent Farmshed
Excellent Exhibitor Support
- Greet and sign in exhibitors
- Provide exhibitor with map to their table and name tag
- Assist as needed throughout the fair
- Take food and beverage orders and deliver
- Cover booths if exhibitors need a break
- Help exhibitors set up and break down
Local Food Fair Energize & Capture Volunteer Roles
Kid’s Activity Volunteers
- Activities have been designed and crafted by students, teachers and parents the Point Of Discovery School as well as Portage County Farm to School.
- Fun activities of the day include: Face Painting, Fishing for Seeds, Pin the Pork Chop on the Pig, Take Home Mini Garden, a Matching Game, Coloring, Seed Art, Hopscotch, and a Smelling Test
- Seeking one ambitious volunteer performer to work with us prior to the event to prepare and at the event giving announcements on the loudspeakers.
- Wander the Fair and capture interesting photos throughout the different segments
- Info/Marketplace – guests interacting with vendors, vendor tables
- Signature Dishes & Dining – Restaurant dishes and signage, volunteers
- Kid’s Area
- The Bar- featuring the Craft Collective