Open position: Administrative Assistant (Temporary, Part-time)
Farmshed is currently seeking applicants for a temporary Administrative Assistant position. The Assistant will work on projects during the Executive Director’s maternity leave from April through July.
- Maintain email accounts as assigned; answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed; respond to public questions, requests for information/partnership/tours, and facility rental inquiries, schedule as necessary
- Update contacts in email and donor databases; work with communication intern to keep website up to date; send out donor and member acknowledgements via email and direct mail; and approve/submit timesheets on a regular basis
- Accept payments and donations; prepare and make bank deposits; update and maintain Quickbooks and Network for Good’s Donor Management Program; run budget and financial reports to staff and board on a regular basis
- Work with Board Chair to sign checks and Board Treasurer to reconcile books
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to keep work progressing on several projects simultaneously; strong interpersonal relationship and problem-solving skills in a team setting
- Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills; experience working with volunteers; experience working in an administrative role; proficiency in Google Suite, Intuit QuickBooks, and database management
- Reliable, hard worker who is committed to making a difference in our community; passion for and understanding of local food systems; compassion for and while serving people of all demographics; energy and enthusiasm for work; professional attitude with a strong work ethic
- Easily learns and adapts to new computer programs; ability to take direction from others; can work both independently and as part of a team
Schedule and Compensation
- April 3rd, 2017 – July 21st, 2017
- 12 hours per week, Monday – Friday (4 hrs x 3 days per week)
- $14 per hour
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Farmshed by Friday, March 17th. Interviews will be scheduled as application materials are received. Position starts Monday, April 3rd.
To learn about our volunteering and internship opportunities, please visit our volunteer page by clicking here.